Terms and conditions – bed and breakfast bookings
Your contract with us
1. Your contract is with us, Domaine a l’Aise, 4 Hameau St Marcel, Avenue de Plaissan, St Pargoire 34230
Making your booking
2. You may request a booking in person, by telephone, by e-mail, via any web site on which we advertise or via our website.
3. You may only make a booking on behalf of someone else if you are authorised to do so and provided that you agree to be responsible for that person’s compliance with these terms as if they were the person making the booking.
4. Bookings are non-transferable.
5. A contract is only formed between you and us when we accept your PROVISIONAL booking . No PROVISIONAL booking shall be binding on us and no contract shall be formed unless and until we confirm to you that we have accepted your PROVISIONAL booking.
6. You must be at least 18 years old to make a booking.
7. We will request a deposit from you to CONFIRM a PROVISIONAL booking. No booking is confirmed until the deposit has been received by us. You will be advised by email that the reservation is CONFIRMED. The deposit is fully refundable up to 7 days before your arrival.
8. CHEQUES, OTHER THAN FRENCH CHEQUES WILL INCUR A SURCHARGE OF 45 EUROS.
9. We are able to hold international cheques and return them to you upon full payment of your invoice – this will nullify the need for the additional surcharge levied by the bank for handling international cheques.
10. The price for each room per night is (except in the case of obvious errors) as advertised on our website at the relevant time (www.domainealaise.com), unless we notify you of a different price at the time of your booking. Unless stated otherwise, all charges are exclusive of TdS (Taxe de sejour) which you must also pay us at the standard rate applicable at the date of your stay. Currently 1 euro per person per night.
11. The price includes overnight occupancy of a double room by one or two adults and the following morning’s breakfast. Breakfast is served at the times advertised on our website, or as otherwise advised to you upon arrival. Other meals are not included in the price.
12. The price does not include the cost of any other of our chargeable services which you might use during your stay, such as the cost of the laundry service. You will be charged for any use you make of these services at the rates current at the time of your stay.
13. Cots will be charged at 5 euros per night – all rooms, except CIGALE can accept a cot. Cots are subject to availability
14. All room prices assume 1 or 2 persons per room. Additional persons will be charged at 20 euros per night (Lavender and Rosemary incorporate a day bed, a further single bed can be added. The Petit Mas can incorporate one to four additional single beds) All additional beds are subject to availability.
15. Evening meal is served at 7.00pm – appropriate attire is expected – Adults @ 28 euros and children @ 15 euros. Babies can be permitted at the dinner table after consultation.
16. Peak Season is 1st May until 30th October. Additionally during the High season (1st July to 15th September for 2019) only bookings of two or more nights can accepted. Bookings of only one night – low season – will incur a 10 euro surcharge
17. Your account must be settled in full on your scheduled day of departure, less any advance payments we might have already received from you.
18. By entering into a contract with us, you accept responsibility for paying all charges due to us under the contract. Please note that we are unable to accept credit cards or bank cards.
19. Payment may be made in cash or cheque upon departure.
Check in and check out
20. Your room will be available for you between 4pm and 6pm on your scheduled day of arrival. Arrival times outside this window must be agreed with us prior to arrival as we are not able to guarantee that anybody will be here to greet you unless this has been agreed previously.
Unless we specifically agree otherwise with you, you must vacate your room by 10am on your scheduled day of departure. If you do not do so, you will be charged for one further night’s accommodation. Room keys must be returned to us on departure. Loss of keys will incur a charge to cover emergency locksmith fee and any replacement lock and/or key as may be necessary.
Cancellation by you
21. If you cancel your booking at any time after payment of the deposit will be returned to you by cheque if your cancellation is made before 7 of your arrival date. If you cancel within 7 days before your arrival date then we are not able to provide you with a refund.
22. Smoking is not allowed in any of our rooms. If you smoke in your room, we shall charge you an additional EURO 100 to cover our costs to have the room deep cleaned.
23. Animals are accepted after consultation – an additional charge of 5 euros per night will apply
Events outside our control
24. We shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to our premises, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, industrial action or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water).
Our liability to you
25. Other than in the circumstances set out in paragraph 24, in the event that a room is not available by your scheduled check-in time, our sole liability will be to use reasonable endeavours to offer you alternative accommodation at another nearby venue of a similar standard for a similar price.
26. Subject to paragraph 25, our total liability to you for any loss you suffer will be limited to the total price of your booking. We will not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or breach of statutory duty or negligence on our part.
We are held harmless for any loss or damage to person or property, whether accidental or deliberate (e.g. theft) during your stay. By staying with us you understand that as a private household we cannot be held in any way liable for any losses incurred other than those detailed in 25 above.
You also understand that as a private household our health and safety criteria are not those of a Hotel.
You also understand that as a private household we will do our best to accommodate any special dietary requirements but this can not be guaranteed. We cannot provide assurances that any food or drink provided by us will not contain foodstuffs that can cause an adverse health reaction due to any sort of allergy and/or intolerance.
Your liability to us
27. You will be liable for any damage you cause to your room or to any furniture, fittings and fixtures within Domaine a l’Aise at full replacement cost. You will also be liable for any loss due to theft should you leave the property unlocked contrary to our guidance notes.